Sunday 24 April 2016

We bought a house!

That sounds so weird and yet so exciting! Obviously, it could all fall apart at any stage, but if everything goes to plan, we have chosen our home for the next stage of our lives.

When I was a child, I always drew houses like this:-



So it should come as no surprise that this gorgeous farmhouse appealed so much! :-


All being well, this facade is what will greet me as I drive up. It comes with chicken run, barn, goose/duck enclosure with pond, natural stream, small veg plot and greenhouse, pleasant garden, summerhouse and 3 to 5 acres of field with natural spring and stock proof fencing. This photo is taken from the plot which is opposite the house.

We went back to view for a second time, spent about an hour and a half discussing all the options with a builder (who waxed lyrical about the house) and made our decision. It has 4 double bedrooms and a 26ft kitchen dining room with range. There is some work we can do to improve it, but none of it is pressing.

I woke up the following morning thinking "%€#} we've actually gone and done it!" Even Mr D, who up until this point has been decidedly lacklustre about the whole affair, is now officially excited!

I just need to keep my fingers and toes crossed that nothing falls through or I will be mightily upset.

45 comments:

  1. Wonderful news I am so excited for you, it looks and sounds perfect, keeping everything crossed for you both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds fantastic. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. When will you be hoping to complete? I'm excited for you! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, better not let my DDiL see this as it is just what she is after eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful. fingers crossed for a straight-foward move

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) you hear so many horror stories, but fingers and toes crossed ....

      Delete
  5. Wonderful news. I am happy for you and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting, fingers crossed it all goes to plan. I hate house buying in England its expensive with no guarantee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...anything could go wrong at any point! ....

      Delete
  7. Good luck, looking forward to seeing more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) once things are further along, I might post a few teaser photos!

      Delete
  8. Yay! I am SO very pleased for you. It sounds an absolute dream and looks gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you first posted the photo of this house, I feel in love with it.
    Now you will have a wonderful new HOME ! that just looks like your drawings.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has always been a dream - fingers crossed it can now become a reality!

      Delete
  10. OMG what an amazing house and land cant wait to see photos. I am so excited for you and also a little bit jealous that you will actually get to own your dream ;-) let the happy dreams and life style become your reality. enjoy every single moment, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in a fortunate position of owning a house in an expensive area, which enabled us to move forwards with our dream. I can hardly wait to start living the way I have hoped to. I know you might not own your little slice of heaven, but it's still wonderful! :)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations, hope all goes well for you. It really is a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks perfect! House envy!! Jet will love it - you'll have to get him a play mate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that...my sister in law already has another rescue labrador lined up!! I think we probably will get another dog, but oreferably one without dodgy elbows or hips!!

      Delete
    2. Aah that means you'll have to know the hip/elbow score. Go on, take a chance on a rescue lab!!!!

      Delete
    3. Aah that means you'll have to know the hip/elbow score. Go on, take a chance on a rescue lab!!!!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations, hope everything goes smoothly for you. I've had many dreams of moving to a house like that over the last few years but we didn't take it further than a dream Well done for working towards it and making it happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been about 10 years in the brewing, but hopefully will now be a fine brew indeed!!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful news, congratulations.

    I hope everything runs as smoothly as is possible in any house purchase.

    ReplyDelete