Her room contains the bulk head from the stairs so I had the brainwave that if we sliced her wardrobe up, we could mount the cupboard section of it on the top of the bulk head to save floor space. Once that was done, we chopped up her desk and built that in too, along with some deep shelves to the side and shallower book shelves below. Her bed JUST fits in.
The drawers from the wardrobe had castors added and roll underneath her bed for added clothes storage.
I also found her a cute little wall mounted dressing table and mirror.
When the room is clean and tidy, it looks great. Needless to say, it's not often like that for long :(
I had aimed to just give it a good sort and deep clean because my daughter had gone through all the non necessary items she wanted to keep and boxed them up. Unfortunately, when I started to clean, I realised the walls were filthy. I can't decide if it's pollution from the road (scary thought!) or soot from her candles, but I had to completely redecorate the room. I had tried to wipe the walls down, but it just smeared :(
Anyway, it's all done now and looks very cute again. The challenge now is to keep it that way!