Monday 8 February 2016

Small steps

Following on from the success of the shed clearance yesterday, I decided to try and carry on with some indoor tasks today. Jet isn't helping as he is VERY clingy!! He can't cooe with me leaving the room and is following me so closely I keep treading on him. He's ok now I've sat down to type this! He was the same yesterday when we were in the shed until we gave him a bone to gnaw on!

Anyway, I have tackled two small areas today.


This is the gas fire in the lounge. We very rarely use it, but it does work. It's really one of the first things you see when you come in the lounge door and it was looking a little jaded. I had found some special spray paint in the shed for painting 'coals', so I cleared it out, dusted, relaid the coals and sprayed them black. I ran out of spray, but it's certainly made it look a bit smarter, especially now I've scrubbed the metal grate front too.



I also decided to tackle the shelves in the alcove. They looked a little crowded, so I've had a good declutter. They look a bit better now. I could remove even more books and I might, but .....

 Once I'd tackled those areas, I gave the lounge a good clean, hoovering under the settee cushions and moving all the furniture. I'm ashamed to say I found my credit card under one of the settees which I had 'lost' a couple of weeks ago and had to cancel...oops :(

13 comments:

  1. I do enjoy a good clean, I am starting on the lounge next x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so do I normally, but I've been really struggling to find any enthusiasm for any of it recently. I'm trying to make headway whilst I've got a bit of energy!

      Delete
  2. I pulled the sofas out this morning to hive the skirting's a good clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing just how much dust collects behind furniture! Ours is mostly dog hair these days :(

      Delete
  3. The coal looks great now, good work on the decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased to find a bit of paint left in the can and now I've finished it, it was another item decluttered :) win, win!

      Delete
  4. We have two settees that get swapped around each month. It is the time to hoover the carpet thoroughly then. Light cleaning afterwards until the next swap around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I probably don't move my furniture to clean behind it often enough. It's not easy moving the bed settee - it's blinking heavy!

      Delete
  5. Hi your fire looks fab what a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. You did wonderful a wonderful job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little things really do make a huge difference don't they. Your fireplace and the bookshelves both look so much better.

    ReplyDelete