Tuesday 17 March 2015

Life goes on

I know it's a cliché, but every loss is replaced with a new beginning. Surely that is the very cycle of life we all belong to? 


I am sad each time I look out of my windows and there is an eerie stillness at the bottom of the garden, but I also know that given time, there will be more life scratching around down there providing me with eggs and much amusement.


I am inordinately sad that my mother is slipping away from me more each day, but my brother and I are her legacy and we have done and will continue to do our best by her grandchildren, so the love and nurturing that she and dad gave us is passed on.
My father passed away 10 years ago last January and I remember very clearly looking out of my window the following day to see the first camellia bud opening. It was reassuring. Life affirming even! 
Yesterday I went into the conservatory to see all of the new growth including runner beans, newly popped up from the compost and I was reminded of life's inexorable cycle. 



Thank you so much to all of you who took the time to comment and also to those who no doubt popped by and thought of me. I am very comforted that the world is still populated by good, kind people. X 

10 comments:

  1. Life can be so hard, but life goes on, I have had my darkest times, in the last 3 years, I lost two people, my little dog died tragically, and then I had BC, but I'm still here plodding on, take care of yourself, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you've had some tough times too! You're obviously a resilient person. If feels good to get support though from fellow bloggers x

      Delete
  2. No matter how bad things get or how cruel life and nature can seem to be, there really is no stopping the fact that life does go on. Sometimes you don't want it to but there's no stopping it. I am amazed at how people can pick themselves up from the most awful events and situations and go on to cope in their own way. Hope you start to feel slightly better over the next few weeks or so. Best wishes. (Mrs L H)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fortunately I'm a very positive person generally which helps enormously! :)

      Delete
  3. Your daffodils are much further on than ours but we have had frosts almost every day since November, but not much snow thank goodness. Be kind to yourself and you too, Simple Living x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has been very mild generally this year. I'm hoping its on the up now and we won't get any sudden frosts!

      Delete
  4. Our daffs are just popping pen too, although some of the ones in the woods are further on.

    It's nice that you can remain positive and that you actively look out for the good things that happen all around you no matter how shitty life gets.

    Think of this time without chickens as being the time you can re-grass the enclosure and make it stronger and safer for if you do get some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently fixes don't like male human urine? It could be worth a try if I can get the menfolk involved!

      Delete
    2. Male human AND dog urine, LH used to just pee in the corners of our land, my younger son was a bit shyer and would pee in a jug in the bathroom and take it out and pour it around Chicken World.

      Also human hair, again especially male hair. Just put it into a net and hang it on your boundaries. The neighbours might think you're a witch, but heck do you care what they think ;-)

      Delete
    3. We are looking to get another dog. Ours passed away some years ago and now I'm not working, it's very tempting. Meanwhile I'll get the men on board and between myself and my three girls, we produce enough hair to fill a potato sack, so I'll try that tip out too!! One set of neighbours loved my chooks almost as much as I did, so they will understand my new weird behaviours!

      Delete