Sunday 22 November 2015

Breakfast muffins

I saw this natty little recipe on Facebook the other day, so we thought we'd give it a go.


Cut a circle of bread from a slice with a pastry cutter. I found I could get two circles from each slice. (The leftovers can either be made into breadcrumbs or given to the chucks as a treat). Place the circle in the bottom of a non stick muffin pan. If you like, sprinkle a little grated cheese on the bread. Place a rasher of cooked streaky bacon around the edge of each muffin hole to form a collar. I used smoked, but it's up to you. It does have to be streaky though, not normal bacon. Then crack an egg into the hole. Grind some salt and pepper on top and cook in the oven at 180c until the egg is lightly set. Finally, top with some shipped chives and serve.


Yummy, a bit different and quite a nice treat for breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Give that a go! Would be a nice breakfast for guests too.

      Delete
  2. I have one that you line the muffin tin with bread instead of the bacon. then you add with ever you like living room to crack an egg into it. Good for my non-meat eaters. But for me eveyrthing is better with bacon so I would love yours.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, so many spelling mistakes !

      Delete
    2. He he! I did wonder why you would crack an egg in your living room! :)

      Delete