Thursday 12 November 2015

Bunch of old crocks

I try very hard not to moan, but sometimes I can't help it!
I bloody ache :(  My heel is still suffering so I'm going to have to have an injection in it despite spending stupid money on supportive shoes, doing various exercises and taking strong anti-inflammatories - it all certainly helps, but doesn't totally alleviate - and my neck, shoulders and back all ache from the accident on Saturday. My elbow has tendonitis in it from a moment of stupidity many tears ago lifting an overly heavy object into the loft.  I feel OLD!
Mr D has had to have an injection in his shoulder as he tore the tendon in there and his neck and shoulders ache too from the accident. He is on the same anti-inflammatories. He also carries multiple other old sports injuries from years gone by and has arthritis in both ankle and shoulder joint.
Jet will have to have an operation on his elbow and is limping ......

We are officially a bunch of old crocks. Funny really, neither Mr D nor I have ever had a lot of time off work - Mr D in particular has probably had about 5 days in 25 years off sick, but our bodies are feeling our age at the moment. Perhaps it's the weather?

The doctor yesterday mentioned that my cholesterol was raised so I am quite determined to get myself right so I can do more exercise again. My diet is healthy already so I just need to tweak that here and there, but if I can sort my heel out, I'll be able to walk more regularly. As I am a lady about to hit that certain stage in life, I need to act now to help counteract the diminishing hormones which would otherwise help keep the cholesterol in check.

At least I have physio booked next week through the insurance which should help the neck.

All very tedious, but a timely reminder that we are not as young as we once were and that we can't take anything for granted!

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear, husband and I feel the same.....we seem to acquire new ailments on a regular basis. Getting old(er) is a bugger, isn't it?! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My body has certainly aged faster than my brain so I always think I can do things and am then surprised when they are so much harder than I thought!

      Delete
  2. It comes to us all. I'm in a relatively active job so it keeps me fitter than most. I do take omega 3 every day through the winter which helps tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may need some supplements. I'll have a look. :)

      Delete
  3. As soon as the weather turns cool various body parts start aching. It's just life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray!! I'm hoping that when my foot gets better, walking will help me feel better generally.

      Delete
  4. I'm 51 and sometimes I just feel so tired. I have an annual check up as I'm diabetic so I know my bloods are ok. I don't ache as such but maybe that's because my life's less hectic these days. My downfall is colds/coughs. I seem to get quite a few every year with at least one nasty chest infection - the most recent one came on day 3 of our long awaited holiday and it's only really just gone some 6 weeks later! With age comes wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pesky tiredness - it's horrible. I'm also covered in bruises so I must be getting clumsy in my old age too. Either that or anaemia! Onwards and upwards eh!

      Delete
  5. Feel free to moan :) I find that I don't recover or heal as quickly as when I was younger. I still have a bad shoulder from all the painting in the summer. I was only moving my arm for goodness sake! I have come off motorbikes several times, got up dusted myself off with no problems, now a paint brush has done me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to that - my elbow was done by lifting a futon into the loft. For heaven's sake!!

      Delete