Wednesday 9 September 2015

Taming the jungle

The recent weather has caused an explosion of growth in the garden and its really looking messy. It's not a big space, so can look really overgrown very quickly.


This is the quince along the fence which my neighbour was hoping I'd prune. I guess it's probably making her side of the garden look untidy which is fair enough. Her neighbours the other side do absolutely nothing in their garden and not much to their house either, which I think frustrates her! 

Jet pees like a girl - not sure why, but it means the lawn is suffering rather. Still at least he's not peeing up my vegetable plants! 

You can't actually get down the path at the moment.


I've spent about three hours out there this morning and it's starting to look better. I'll post some photos when I've made a bit more progress. Of course, I really wanted to just crack on, but Jet had other ideas! So I did about an hour to get me started, then down tooled and off we went for a nice walk. I tried a new route today. We saw other dogs, lots of pretty back gardens, canal boats, ducks, moorhens, a steam train and a chap paddling along the canal on what looked like a surf board! I'm so lucky to have nice walks on my doorstep.


6 comments:

  1. I'm wanting to get out and work in my garden, but we've had rain nearly every day since we got home from England and right now it's more of a bog than a garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear you're not having much luck with your weather then. We had rubbish weather for a week, but it's brightened now so I'm trying to capitalise on it whilst I can. I have gutters and windows to get sorted too :(

      Delete
  2. Rome wasn't built in a day so my husband says. When I start a job I want it done and dusted, energy permitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that describes me to a tee!! I'm terrible at walking away from a job before its finished to the point where I exhaust myself trying to complete it. I had to tell myself not to be so silly because I was beginning to ache with all the reaching and chopping. That way, I have half a chance of getting it done by the end of the week! Mr D often struggles to start the job in the first place!!

      Delete
  3. Hello! I just discovered your lovely blog :) We are also following a more simple, thrifty lifestyle after I gave up a well paid job and now earn next to nothing. It's great to read your experiences too. Best wishes, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself - as I said I don't seem to be able to quite get the hang of working out who new followers are, so it's great that you've said hello :) reading other people's blogs with similar mindsets has really helped me, although I sometimes need to remind myself that I'm at the start of my journey!
      I have no regrets about taking this step though. Let's hope it continues to work out well for both of us :)

      Delete