Thursday 18 December 2014

Gifts for my mother



Since my father's death, 10 years ago, my mum has always come to us for Christmas, except one year when she wasn't well enough. This year, my brother is hosting her at his new house, so I wanted to send her a little package of home made gifts to make it special. She hasn't been well either, so it was all the more important to me that she felt my love and support as she opened them, even though I wouldn't actually be there. I packaged up a box for her containing:-

Home made loganberry jam, lemon marmalade, quince jam, cranberry and pear chutney, chocolate and hazelnut truffles, a button Christmas tree decoration, a découpage heart decoration, a diary, which I had covered and decorated with photos of her grandchildren, a hand towel which I had enhanced with ribbon and lace hand sewn as a trim, a wall calendar and a set of blank greetings cards with some stamps ( she can't get out and about much at the moment so these are really useful). 

I'm really hoping she enjoys these on Christmas Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment