A big question to ponder this one! I think it would do us all good to really think deeply about the things we would like our lives to provide us with. I don't mean material items here, more spiritually I guess.
Early on in this journey, I spent some considerable time listing what I wanted out of my life and here is what I came up with:
- A reason to get up every morning
- Creative and productive 'work'
- Daily opportunities to nurture myself and others
- A framework in which I can live simply and calmly
- An opportunity to take less whilst giving more
- Opportunities to gain new skills to provide for my family
- Moments for me to express generosity, kindness and empathy
- Moments of stillness
- A feeling of purpose and self-worth
- A sense of contentment
- An opportunity to create a strong and generous family circle, which provides support for everyone within it
- An appreciation of the smaller things
- A sense of control over my own life