Actually though, I was always a 'doer'. I couldn't rest until everything was tidied away and cleaned up. When I was a little girl I used to play a game that the Queen was coming to visit and I had to tidy my room extra well for her. My Dad used to then come round behind me later retrieving most of the items I had thrown away during my vigorous tidying! Thanks to him, my own children and future grandchildren (hopefully!) are still able to play with my toys from childhood! If it had been up to me they may have been lost forever!
I had never been a hoarder, preferring neat, uncluttered lines and empty surfaces to clean. My tastes have changed though over the years and whilst I would still not be classed as a hoarder, I do have more things around me and my eye now takes pleasure in the items that have fond memories attached to them. Is this an age thing perhaps?
I do like to have a good sort out though and I'm a stickler for like-with-like, so I can generally lay my hands on the necessary item fairly quickly. I have a shoe cleaning box, a battery tin, a craft basket, a small jar for elastic bans and another for paper clips etc etc...
Anyway, I digress - back to the list ...
Sorting the shed (a big, long overdue task) is still on the list of projects and will remain there until I have fixed the shed roof and it's warmer weather! The dresser doors shut, so I can't see that it needs a good sort at the moment, so that will stay on the list too.
So far, since September! I have:-
- Made my own yoghurt
- Baked my own bread
- Decorated my own photo frames
- Paid off the mortgage
- Made my own limoncello (and Arancello)
- Upcycler's chairs for my children's rooms
- Made orange marmalade (and jams, chutneys and curds)
- Taken a bag of items to the charity shop
- Introduced a GF baking day each week
- Tidied my sewing box
- Made a framed memory board
- Sorted out the shoe cupboard (how many shoes can one family need?!!)
- Sorted through and cleared my wardrobe
- Made my own candles
- Tracked my finances completely for one month
- Dyed my dressing gown
- Made decorative clothes hangers
- Decorated hand towels as gifts
- Decoupage a box
- Set up a blog
- Made my own soaps
- Made my own button decorations