Tuesday 6 January 2015

All back to normal

Phew! As much as I love the festive season, it does seem to go on a bit in our house! But now I can get back to my normal rhythm - everyone is back at work/school so the house is peaceful. Yesterday, I cleaned the house thoroughly, caught up with some washing and errands and completed a pile of clothes repairs.
Mr D had his birthday yesterday so a bit more wrapping and another set of cards to put up, but I now have a break for a couple of weeks before the next one!
Today I plan on finishing off the washing, changing the final bed ( a never ending round with five beds to change!), getting the ironing up-to-date, making some yoghurt and having a go at making my own laundry liquid.
I feel the need to get all the outstanding jobs done before I can start on this year's crafting projects. I'm chomping at the bit really, but I know I'll focus better if my surroundings are calm. One of my lovely friends bought me a crotchet kit for Christmas. I've made a start, but I still have a long way to go teaching myself the correct method. I'm finding it hard to keep the stitches even sized.......I obviously need to practise some more.
I'm also loving getting back to our recently adopted diet. It helps me to feel 'lighter' and I don't feel the need to snack either. On this week's menu:-

  • Butternut and chick pea curry
  • Bean burgers and home made oven chips
  • Chunky butternut mulligatawny, followed by oaty apple crumble
  • Roasted root vegetable salad
  • Butternut and lentil kedgeree
  • Mushroom and lentil tagine


I'm also going to start making a recipe each week from a fantastically apt Christmas gift from my sister.....



This week's offering - apricot and apple spiced loaf. I'll let you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment