Saturday 17 January 2015

Procrastinating

I don't normally put things off. In fact I'm normally the impatient one, who wants to start tasks the minute the idea comes into my head! This month however, I seem to be lacking a bit of oomph and seem to be avoiding all the 'jobs'! I'm gathering a whole list of chores, cleaning, sorting, repairing etc and yet, I'm choosing to read, make plans for the garden, meet with a friend or go for a walk!
It's really not like me at all and it's an interesting change in approach. I'm quite sure the jobs won't go anywhere (let's face it, no one else is going to do them for me!) and the house is certainly clean enough, so perhaps I should just go with the flow for a while and see where it takes me. The new twist for me is that I'm not feeling guilty! My life has certainly taken a whole new turn since September and I'm enjoying the ride!
We are finally having the hall decorated next week anyway, so it would be a bit pointless for me to clean too much. I'm not looking forward to all the dust everywhere, but all the woodwork needs sanding down and repainting before the ceiling and walls can be done. It's a big job, but I'm imagining it will spur me on once it's completed and looking fresh and lovely.....AND, very unusually, I'm not doing it myself!


Mr D and I went for a wonderful 2 hour stroll in the sunshine this morning. We live in such a suburban area and yet, without even getting in the car, we had a really pleasant walk through fields and woodland. We just don our wellies and set off to explore our local area. It's been great discovering a whole network of footpaths within minutes of our door. We are also fortunate enough to have the Basingstoke canal and River Thames close by. I know I'd like a view, but this community has been great for the last 20 years!
I went to my first book club last night. One of the ladies is 95! She was a real inspiration and I had a great time. Next month's book is 'I know why the caged birds sing' by Maya Angelou. I'm already looking forward to starting it.....no doubt another reason to put off doing a job!!

3 comments:

  1. I would go with the flow, enjoy your "me" time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the hall, I'm having my kitchen ripped out next week! Slowly moving upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the kitchen. We had that a few years ago - fairly painful! Love my kitchen now though!

    ReplyDelete