Sunday 2 November 2014

At the beginning

For the last six years, I have worked in a large secondary school. I hugely enjoyed my job there, but in the last year, I became very aware of the impact it was having on my health. I was ALWAYS tired, I had succumbed to a variety of health scares, which whilst they amounted to nothing, had involved invasive and terrifying tests to get to that point. I was drinking too much wine, struggling to sleep, gained weight and feeling stressed every day. I would remember things, then promptly forget them again. The guilt was horrendous! I felt totally out of control and at points it felt as if I was heading towards a breakdown. I realised there needed to be a substantial change.
It took me two whole months to begin to 'heal'. During this time, I walked, I meditated, I read and I allowed my self to be creative and just 'Be'. Not easy for a woman who had spent the previous 25 years priding herself on Doing!
I'd like to tell you about my journey and how, along the way, I happened upon a deep and satisfying happiness that will stay with me for the next 30 to 40 years .... Hopefully! 

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to read about them. My mum has done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to walking with you on your journey, you are very brave taking such a big step, wishing you lots of relaxing good wishes x

    ReplyDelete