Monday 3 November 2014

Lists, lists and more lists

I'm a list person! I guess there are people that love lists and people that hate them. I cannot work without them and in fact I thrive on lists! I never start anything new without first having a list - as far as I'm concerned it's the only way forward.
I know people hate the overuse of the word 'journey' these days, but as I am travelling from one part of my life to another, I cannot find a more appropriate word....
At the start of my journey, I wrote the above list. Very typically of me, I needed to start with tidy, organised surroundings. No doubt those of you who manage to live your lives perfectly well whilst surrounded by stuff, knowing where everything is in your piles of 'organised clutter', will think me mad, but it's just the way I am.
So - 'Project House' - as you can see I have divided the list into the rooms and subdivided into individual tasks. The colour coding is Blue = basic cleaning and tidying tasks, Red = DIY tasks I can do myself and don't need to buy anything for, Green = items I need to buy and finally, Orange = DIY tasks I needed someone else in to complete. I think you'll agree, a fairly comprehensive chart! Project House was my first step in regaining control of my life and surroundings.

1 comment: