Tuesday 11 November 2014

More home made gift ideas

My youngest daughter often wants to give small presents to her friends at Christmas and even if you set yourself a £5 budget, it can soon add up. This year I have made button earrings. I bought backs from Amazon and sourced some nice buttons. It would have been great to have painted my own and I may yet buy a multipack of coloured Fymo and create some. These simple little ones will certainly do for now though. I've presented them by piercing through a square of card.
For one special little girl, I have made a personalised memory board. This was an old photo frame, sprayed white. I have glued cork on to the backing board, then covered with some wallpaper. This has then been decorated with buttons, sequins, cut out butterfly shapes and ribbon. The concertina flower was made with an off cut from the wallpaper - waste not, want not! I also found some pretty pegs on sale in Hobbycraft which I may add. She can then decorate it with any mementoes or photos she wishes. The idea for this came from a wander around a gift shop in Woking. A similar, less personal frame cost £25!

No comments:

Post a Comment