Saturday 7 February 2015

A happy consequence!

I made a chocolate tart last Sunday for pudding. We don't often eat puddings, but it always seems appropriate on a Sunday! I had roll of pastry in the deep freeze that needed using.(yes it was ready made. I can make pastry, but it's so easy when ready made! Is that wrong?) The chocolate filling used 4 egg yolks and half a small tub of cream.

Ok so the pastry's not very neat, but it was ever so tasty!! 

(In case you're wondering, it is neither vegan nor gluten free as my eldest daughter was away for the weekend so she didn't miss out)

This left me four egg whites and the other half a tub of cream, plus a small quantity of dark chocolate.....
From my leftovers, I made chocolate dipped meringues with orange cream! A very happy consequence indeed!




Jackson Pollock eat your heart out! 

Two puddings for the price of one! Always worth celebrating in my view. 





6 comments:

  1. I am making a tart later, will post about it if it turns out ok, I love meringues one of my all time favourites, they look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of meringues too especially pavlova with loads of fresh fruit in the Summer! I look forward to seeing the tart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chocolate tart looks so delicious and I love what you did with what was leftover... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tart is basically 4 egg yolks, 200g dark chocolate and 75ml single cream. Mix in a pan until melted, then pour into the pastry tart which has been baked blind for 10 mins. Cook in the oven at 180c for about 20 mins until set. It's lovely with cold ice cream or some whipped cream, but I like it as it is too. I occasionally add a orange flavour to the chocolate mix before baking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both puddings look delicious! Nothing wrong with using ready made pastry - I use it most of the time as it's so much easier. Never attempted meringues myself so will have to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very good use of all the ingredients. We use meringues (shop bought) with fresh fruit in. Now I know what I could do!

    ReplyDelete