Vegan and GF margarine for greasing
100g crunchy peanut butter
30g brown sugar (I used soft brown)
2 tbsp golden syrup
450g GF granola (i only had 415g as I was using up what I had - it was fine!)
- Preheat oven to 189c.
- Grease an 18 by 25cm shallow baking tin and line with parchment allowing it to overlap at the sides to enable lifting the bars out later.
- Cream the peanut butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a large bowl. I used a wooden spoon, but you could use a mixer I guess.
- Stir in the granola and mix very well to coat the granola - this is quite hard work!!
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 mins until golden brown.
- Lift it out in the parchment and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. The recipe said 12, but I made 16.
TIP- I gathered the crumbs that had collected when I cut the bars and sprinkled them on a vanilla soy yoghurt as my pudding - delicious! Apparently they were also yummy stirred into GF porridge made with soy milk. I suspect they'd be good added to a crumble topping or mixed into apple puree........you could even top the bars with vegan GF chocolate? Sorry! I'm getting carried away...ENJOY!